Sexual Energy is the most powerful and vital energy in the human body. Kundalini Yoga teaches us how to raise the sexual energy up the spine where it can be used for spiritual development. If sexual energy is limited to the physical plane by selfish sexual behavior, there can be many grave consequences. Through different techniques in kundalini yoga (kriya, pranayama, and meditation) the meditative mind is invoked to raise the sexual energy from the lower, physical planes to the higher, more subtler planes of consciousness, allowing the energy to manifest creativity. In this way, sexual energy is used as a vehicle for fulfilling one’s divine destiny.
Kriya for Refining Your Sexuality and Spirituality
Originally taught on April 16, 1986.
This yoga set can be found in the manual “Self Knowledge“.
1. Sit in lotus pose or easy pose. Make fists of your hands. Supporting your body weight on your arms and fists, raise your buttocks off the ground and stay up. 2 1/2 Minutes.
This exercise relieves tension in your shoulders. All senses left unrefined are physical When they are refined, they become spiritual We are obnoxious to our own life when we do not discipline it.
2. Raise your hands above shoulder level and then forcefully bring them together at the heart center like a clap, but without touching. A sharp breath will automatically develop with the movement. 2 1/2 Minutes.
3. Repeat exercise one for 30 seconds.
4. Extend your thumb, Jupiter and Saturn fingers and bend the Sun and Mercury fingers so they touch the palm. Begin with your arms straight out in front with the palms facing down. Keep your elbows straight as you raise both arms up and back as far as you can. Continue forcefully raising and lowering your arms for 1 1/2 Minutes.
5. Revolve your fists around each other in front of your heart center. Move as fast as you can. 1 Minute.
6. Lock your arms behind your head by grabbing your elbows with your hands. Bend forward, bowing your head to the ground and straighten back up to the rhythm of Ragi Sat Nam Singh’s Jaap Sahib. Touch your forehead at the word “Namastang” and continue in that rhythm. 5 1/2 Minutes.
7. Rest 5 Minutes.
8. Put your hands together in prayer pose over your head, keeping your arms straight. Sway from side to side from the shoulders like a pendulum. The lowest rib will be exercised. Move to the rhythm of Ragi Sat Nam Singh’s Jaap Sahib. 3 1/2 Minutes.
9. Lie down flat on your back with your hands under your head and the elbows on the ground. Jump the pelvic area six to nine inches off the ground, keeping the elbows and the heels on the ground. This movement will create its own breath rhythm. It exercises the kidneys, ovaries and pelvic area. 4 1/2 Minutes.
10. Lie on your back, lower your hands to your sides and go to sleep. 3 1/2 Minutes.
Find more great kriyas in the yoga manual “Self Knowledge“!